Monday 30 May 2011

Cheese!

Finally, I've managed to sit my arse down in front of my PC and start writing again. It feels weird. I've not done much, and what I have done is probably going to change. I've got a feeling that this project is going to be another tough slog. But it has begun, and that's the important thing.

Brevity is the key word this time around, and I'm shooting for 40 pages, so if it does run over slightly it'll still be within the page count. My tendency to gibber in my scripts being what it is, I'm doing a scene at a time, and not moving on from one to the next until it's as concise as possible. I'm getting the protagonists's character established on page 1, and I'm not taking another step forward until that happens.

It's not going to be anywhere near finished in time for the Comics Launchpad in June, but at least I can now say it's officially in progress. I've even managed to find a working title for it amongst my notes. I'm currently calling it "Broken Smile." Smiles and what are behind them is the central theme of its current incarnation as it slumbers in my head.

Time will tell if that's how it ends up.

No comments:

Post a Comment