Tuesday 30 August 2011

Putting Hitler in the cupboard

OK, now I've fully recovered, write up time - most importantly, Predators is now available, and my short is in there for the world to see. I genuinely forgot that this was coming out, and it was a pleasant surprise to find out when doing my pre-show homework and stopped by the Accent UK blog. It's a gorgeous looking book, so congrats to Colin and Dave for making their books progressively sexier as time goes on.

They even had that lovely new book smell! I stuck my nose in one for a sniff, and quickly realised that it had to become my copy because I'd left a little blob of snot on the edge of the pages. I played it like my usual supercool self though and nobody noticed. However, I did realise when reading it that I'd forgotten to send them an updated Bio, so I should get on that soon.

I met up with a few old faces, and chummed around with some new ones, too. Jon Lock was good enough to let me have a flick through his 'Afterlife, Inc.' file, which looks like jolly good fun and hopefully I'll see it on sale at one of these shows soon. I am currently making the first delicate, tentative steps towards trying to nick one of his artists - with his permission of course. I'm not some sort of artist-stealing slut, you understand.

Refreshed in my mind the need to crack on with my most recent projects - Last night I had a minor revelation of sorts regarding the short for Mike Garley's Dead Roots. So completely did the story take shape in my head that I will be able to bash that out in double quick time, which I shall get onto this week.

Oddly enough, it's another zombie story that deals with loss, grief and emotional anguish. It seems to be a theme I return to again and again. I do so wish I could come up with a cheerful idea one of these days.

I think I am going to become busy again. Hopefully busy enough to forget the quagmire of misery I've been languishing in long enough to get some sodding work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment