Saturday 14 January 2012

Weekly Is Unlikely At Best

Don't hold me to this, but I'm going to try to keep regular posting reports on this blog. I'm aiming for weekly, but knowing how prone to distraction I am and how slowly things can move for writers sometimes, I probably won't be keeping to that. Bi-weekly is probably the best I'll be able to manage, and then only if I'm in the mood. I dare say it'll become more or less frequent based on how much there is to report.

For now at least, there is news. Bayou Arcana continues to pick up steam. Followers of the related news will already know that the book is garnering more press attention, some of which I'm not sure I should reveal, so I'll just keep my mouth shut for fear of spoilers. Needless to say, Jimmy Pearson has been working hard on making the title as visible as possible.

On the writing front, my collaboration with Jack Tempest nears completion. I've seen most of his coloured pages and they look great, and once it's complete I'll ask him for permission to show a sample panel or two here, so people can gawp at them.

I've been keeping up my end, and am currently going through the laborious process of rewriting a synopsis of the continuing story. It's not the most thrilling part of prepping a submission, truth be told, but it needs to be done and it's given me an opportunity to work a little bit on the central role's character arc. I'm about halfway through the second rewrite, and I think it's going to need at least another once-over when that's done before I can safely call it finished. Then, it'll be onward with the lettering.

Looking forward to sending it off. Once that's done; along with the other submission previously mentioned; I can get started on the Accent thing again. That should keep me busy up to and beyond the London Con in February, at which I'm keeping my fingers crossed that some more possibilities will arise.

And amongst all this writing, I've got to find room for sitting around doing a little reading and playing some video games. That copy of Uncharted 3 sitting on my shelf isn't going to play itself, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment