Sunday 26 February 2012

You are feeling sleepy...

Bayou Arcana now has a Wikipedia page! Not much new to report on that front, except I hear sniffs of the possibility of a table at Kapow for the creators. No idea bout Bristol yet, but Markosia will probably be making a small fuss over it for its launch.

Work on Broken continues, albeit rather grudgingly. I'm in the middle of the 'crushing slog' part of the writing process which takes up the middle section of the story, and I'm basically writing streams of dialogue, making sure it contains the relevant information. Then I'm assembling pages out of it, building in the dramatic notes and beats as I do the panel descriptions.

It's a method I've employed before to good effect, especially with scenes that are absolutely dependant on exposition, which have a tendency to be really flat if you don't pay close attention to their structure. However, having done it before doesn't mean it's not a massive ball ache.

That being said, I'm making good time. I should be hitting the halfway point in the script by the end of the month, which will leave me with all of March to try to complete it. I was planning to have it finished by then, but I'm not going to be surprised if it slips into April during rewrites. Not that I'm not going to try my damnedest to have it finished before then.

Yeah, see my determination. Grr. I am a lion.

Will be glad when this evening's activities are over, though. I'm feeling pretty drained at the moment and it's proving difficult to not just sit here and dribble. I have the script open on my desktop now, and I'm currently looking at seven pages of solid dialogue to translate into scenes. Tonight, when my brain is barely working.

In hindsight having a valerian tea before getting to work might have been an error in judgment...

Zzzz....

No comments:

Post a Comment