Sunday 4 March 2012

I'm too sexy for my shirt.

This weekend was a little embarrassing. Yesterday morning I got dressed up in a big coat and went up a variety of Welsh mountains for a photographer chum of mine to take a series of photos of me for author shots, the website-in-progress, etc. It was fun, but I don't exactly photograph well. The photographer was quick to explain to me his strategy for the shots, which was to find a background that looked nice and just keep the button on the camera held down until I stopped looking like a tool.

Charming.

Nevertheless, we got some decent shots of me looking a bit more presentable than usual. For my part I just had to suck in my gut as best I could and try not to smile. The true ethereal majesty of my dazzling smile is too much for cameras to pick up, you see, and it tends to register through the feeble lens as some sort of mad grimace. I assure you it's the camera's fault, not mine.

I shall be updating blogs and such with new pics soon enough, but in the meantime, here's a taster, and you'll be seeing more of dashing short-haired me in the weeks to come:

The wide shots look great. The close ups, not so much.

They need to be fed back to the photographer for some tinkering with the contrast and colour levels before they're ready to be seen, but I'm quite happy with how well some of them have come out. They're all a bit moody and interesting.

And for the record, I have definitely not spent the weekend being really vain and pretentious, and I resent the accusation.

In other news, I've pretty much hit the halfway point of 'Broken' and I continue bashing through it. One more scene to get through and I hit the 'angry final confrontation' part of the story, so I should be getting a bit more enthusiastic about it in the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment