Sunday 11 March 2012

Quick quick hurry just type it and hit post already...

Just a quick flying visit to the internet this week, as my head is still full of hangover after birthday frolics and I'm incapacitated beyond the point of rational thought.

It isn't actually my birthday until next weekend, but I had my celebrations this weekend for various reasons. Strap yourself in for next week's post, as it's likely to be full of self-pity. I've been feeling a bit sorry for myself being another year older.

Progress chugs along on Broken, much as it has been chugging. I might actually get it finished by the end of the month, as I've only got another 18 or so pages to do. It's not leaving me any rewrite time, but I'll decide what I'm doing with that when this draft is done.

It's certainly been an odd one to write so far. Sometimes it's felt really easy, other times less so. I did a semi-rewriter this week, as I originally wrote it with captioned narration where the main character directly addresses the reader, but it didn't really work so I'm trying to revise it into a kind of 'ranting and raving within his own head' sort of narration that works a bit better with his character.

This week I also changed a pretty major twist in the story. It was intended to weave a few extra layers of betrayal and scheming into the story, but I realised that it's not really needed and it works better if it's a bit more straightforward. I'm getting pretty confident that the end result is going to be very good.

Now that I've written that, I mist go lie down. My brain has an owie.

No comments:

Post a Comment