Monday 19 March 2012

Oops, a bit late.

I've slacked off immensely this week.

It was my birthday this weekend, so I was unable to do any writing due to being hungover for most of it. I've also developed a really weird sleeping pattern that doesn't appear to pay any attention to the day-night cycle. I should probably work on that.

So, no progress to report on Broken. I'm getting the first draft finished this week, come hell or high water, so at least next week's progress report will be a bit less sparse.

As predicted, I've been feeling very sorry for myself this weekend, brightened up a bit by seeing some of the finished pages from Bayou Arcana, which looks sensational. My contribution has been pared down to a single preview page, which is a little disappointing, but it can't be helped. I sat around sulking about that for some of this week, mostly because sometimes you just have to let yourself be miserable for a bit. I'm fine now, and I'm looking forward to the launch. Hopefully it will sell really well, rain down money on us all and turn us into superstars.

In other news, I've heard sniffs of Mike Garley's Dead Roots going digital for iOS, and the ball is rolling again on Accent UK's Victoriana book. I'm due to make appearances in both, with two very different scripts. The one for Victoriana is daft as hell, and should be a real challenge for Roland to draw.

There's still been no word from Clint about the submission myself and Jack Tempest sent to them, which I guess means there won't be one. I've had a brief chat with him about its future, and I'll be going to Bristol and Kapow armed with a copy of the submission to see if we can garner interest in it elsewhere.

So anyway, I've got writing to do, and I've got a copy of Mass Effect 3 to try not to play until the writing is done. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment