Sunday 15 July 2012

Hudson Rises.

My computer appears to be briefly behaving itself, so last night I spent a little time writing Hudson Falls - as a novel. It was just an experiment to see it it'd work more than anything, and as it turns out it feels pretty natural and I think I might give it a try.

I'm playing a little with a semi-epistolary form, staggering newspaper stories and press articles in between chapters, and it seems to give the story a bit of extra body. I've not written much of it so far so there's no major changes to report, but I'm already tinkering with the idea of ramping up the fantasy quotient and having a denouement that resolves the story in a more unreal, anthropomorphic way.

It'll be a while yet before I can get back into it properly, but when I do I think I shall be having a real go at this novel thing. Hell, if it doesn't work out, I can always re-convert it to a comic book. In any case it felt good to be writing again, although I'm woefully out of practice writing prose after so long concentrating on comics.

No comments:

Post a Comment