Tuesday 19 March 2013

Optimist Prime

Feeling good about the next few months!

Now that the new website has settled down and bedded in, I'm turning my attention towards the next few writing projects.

At the moment I'm in contact with Jack Tempest regarding the art for Malice Aforethought, which I'm already starting to feel good about, and I'm ruminating on the first updates to the website. I have an addition to the Graveyard planned, which is an old idea of mine that exposes some of the serious shortcomings of my early attempts at writing. I know, I'm so brave for being willing to put this old stuff online for all to see. In addition I'm chewing over an idea which will hopefully become a piece for The Comfy Chair.

In fiction terms, the idea currently occupying the most real estate in my brain is my retool of Imagine. I want to develop this ASAP, mostly so I can have something solid to pitch at this year's batch of comic shows. That said, it's also in order to scratch that particular itch, leaving me free to soldier on with Hudson Falls.

My mind is swimming a bit at the moment. I'm assuming that it's the euphoria of actually having a creative plan of attack for a change. But it could be the residual hangover from my boozy birthday weekend. It's hard to tell the difference sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment