Monday 9 April 2012

Second Pass

I did a little tinkering on the script over the weekend when I wasn't lolling around gasping for breath or nursing my aching head. Not a huge amount, as I'm still a bit poorly, but progress of a sort was made. Draft 3 is about a quarter done. Still on schedule to have it done and ready for the final draft next week.

I'm astonished at how well it's starting to come together. When I rewrote a good deal of the opening narration, I stuck to the "every scene must be multi-purpose" system I've spoken of before. In the new draft, by page three you have a good deal of relevant character info on both hero and villain, the hero's motives are alluded to, the past of the characters leading up to that point are touched upon and two of the central themes are raised for the first time. I'm quite pleased that it manages to work as well as it does with all that information included. It doesn't feel cluttered or busy at all.

I just have to apply that to the rest of the script this week and we're nearly done.

I've also, once again, been searching for a new title. I think I'll leave it as it is for now. Maybe one will come to light when the writing is done, but if not "Broken" will suffice. I refuse to agonise over that more than I have done already.

No comments:

Post a Comment