Monday 23 April 2012

...and a tardy slip for you, Mr. McFly. Four in a row.

Sorry, this blog entry is a day late. I got distracted by all the nothing I was doing this weekend, and forgot to write it. My bad.

So, Murder, Malice & Teeth (or MMT as I will refer to it from now on) is done and done. There were some last minute changes that I had to make, and there were several setbacks along the way, but done is done and I can now sit back and keep my fingers crossed for some good news.

These blog entries have been useful. They basically kept me going just so I'd have something to report each week, so terrified was I of lagging behind and having nothing to report. It wasn't exactly to the schedule I planned - I hoped to have it done by the end of March - but three weeks late isn't bad for a self-imposed deadline. The important thing is that I got it done, and the blog entries helped a lot. Even if they were of interest to nobody else, they at least partially served their purpose.

I think I might do something similar with future works, because if they can provide anything like as much of a kick up the arse for every project, my output will increase tenfold. Which would be nice.

So seeing as my current project is done, I'm taking this week off from all things writerly to catch up on my TV and my gaming. I've got a stack of DVDs and a brand new membership of Netflix to put to good use, and I've redoubled my efforts to fire up some of my lonely, neglected consoles to get through some of my back catalogue of games. First stop is Bayonetta, which I understand is a bit like Devil May Cry, only even more bonkers and pervy.

Which sounds like a fantastic place to spend my evenings before starting preparations to write a children's novel. It's called "Empty" and it's not going to be very nice.

While that's going on, I have a few other things to consider. I've not given up on my collaboration with Jack Tempest that was originally written for Clint, so you may see more of that in the coming months. Plus there are the Bristol and Kapow shows next month, and I'm attending both. Don't forget on Sunday 20th May I'll be on the Independent Comics Panel with a few others of the Bayou Arcana crew, which should have a blog entry in it at the very least. My first appearance at a comics show as a guest and not a punter. Result.

No comments:

Post a Comment