Sunday 17 October 2010

I'll give you love you can't ignore

And on my writeup continues, as do the Gina G quotes.

Roland was there at the show, and of course we spent quite a while talking about our various plans. It was nice to see the old boy again - since last year's show, it's been email contact all the way, which is great, but sometimes in order to properly talk about stuff you need to be in the same room. I now feel much better about the projects we're working on together. Nothing additional was planned, but that's for the best - He has to work for a living and I wouldn't presume to make any further demands on his time without a guaranteed payday.

What I need, clearly, are a couple more artists in my pool of collaborators that are as talented and reliable who I can go to with projects when Roland is too busy. And I think I made a couple of tentative steps towards that, but it's too early to say anything for certain. Maybe being online will provide some assistance to that as well.

Yesterday had me kind of sorry I quit smoking a couple of years ago. Most of the good work I did took place while standing out in the biting cold while Roland puffed away on a cigarette. It was during one of these occasional breaks from the sweaty hall that I met Jimmy Pearson, a fellow writer who I exchanged portfolios with. He's another guy trying to go places, who was really helpful. A few of the avenues of inquiry he recommended could prove to be quite fruitful.

There were a few other goings on, but nothing I've followed up on yet, so I don't know if anything will come of them. A few possibilities for future short stories, and a good few emails I have to send to assorted people, most of whom will still be at the show today, so there's no rush.

All in all, I think I really needed to be at BICS. Being around other creative bods has reinvigorated me to some extent. Lots to do in the coming weeks. I shall have to make another of my spreadsheets so I can better handle my workload.

No comments:

Post a Comment