Saturday 23 October 2010

Eye of the Storm

It's been pretty busy recently, so I've decided to give myself the weekend off. I've been in the middle of a whirlwind of activity since BICS, so I'm taking a couple of days to kick back and reflect on what's been going on. I think I need to - my head has been spinning with so many different things I think I've been getting dizzy.

The scripts I've been working on the last couple of days have been for Mark Millar's Clint magazine - as you'll probably be aware if you've been paying attention, there's a fairly major talent search going on, so I thought I'd stick my oar in and try to do something for them to look at. The scripts are finished, and I think they're pretty good, and now I'm going through perhaps the most laborious and stressful time for a writer - trying to find a couple of artists for them before the submission window closes.

I have no idea IF the submission window is closing any time soon, but I'm desperately scouring the internet for talented artists like there's no tomorrow just in case. It's doubly difficult to find them when there's no money involved, unless, of course, the scripts get bought. But potential money isn't quite the same as actual cash, as far as a carrot on a stick goes.

I've got a few more scripts to write next week, too, which I'm not quite so concerned about finding artists for. One of them may have an artist lined up already, and the other may (I'm hoping) take care of itself if it's successful.

Elsewhere, I've splashed out on my tickets for Thought Bubble in Leeds in November, so I'll definitely be attending. I'm hoping to continue there my run of uplifting chats and opportunities for progress that kicked off at BICS.

It's all go at the moment. Except this weekend, of course. This weekend is for DVDs and Chinese food.

No comments:

Post a Comment